Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Meet Daisy's brother - Dudley!

This is precious little Dudley, Daisy's brother.


I say "little," but Dudley weighs 42 pounds! Daisy only weighs about 31 pounds now.


Dudley's parents and I connected through their sister, who I randomly met one day at Bluegrass Barkery. Dudley lives in Indiana with his mom, dad and big brother Kramer, a golden retriever. Dudley knows how to sit and shake hands - can't you just see this little guy holding his paw up to shake? I need to teach Daisy how to do that!

Look at that little face! And those ears! You can definitely tell that he and Daisy are related, can't you? Dudley looks like he is built bigger than Daisy, which would be normal for male puppies vs. female puppies. I love how he's really dark on one side and has a lot of white on the other. He has lots of freckles like his sister. His eyes are what get to me - they are a bit droopier than Daisy's eyes. How could anyone look into those little eyes and not fall in love?!?!

When the puppies were born, Mrs. Hill called Dudley "Victor" because of the way the white stripe on his face makes a "V" at the top. (She called Daisy "Little Sampson" because she looks so much like her dad.)

I'd love to get pictures of Daisy's other littermates to post here (and to put in the scrapbook I'm making). If you are reading this and have one of Daisy and Dudley's brothers or sisters, I'd love to have a picture! Just leave a comment and I'll get in touch with you.

To Dudley's mom and dad, thanks for sharing! I hope we get to meet in person one day. In the meantime, we'll keep in touch!

No comments: