This is Lola Jean.

And this is Sampson.
Daisy really does have an adorable mommy and an adorable daddy, doesn't she?
Now call me crazy, but I truly believe that Lola knew that Daisy was her baby. I'd like to think that Daisy knew that Lola's her doggy mommy, too. But there's no doubt that Lola knew just who Daisy was.
They played and played and played in the yard.


While Sampson just kept thinking that he could not BELIEVE there was a puppy at his house again. He was probably thinking, "Oh, man. Didn't I just get rid of all these pesky puppies?"

Realizing that Sampson just didn't want to play, Daisy went back to playing with her doggy mommy.
They played ball.



And they sniffed around together.




And Sampson kept thinking, "Please don't let this puppy be back here to stay!"

Then the cutest little thing happened. Lola went and got in the bed where she nursed Daisy and her littermates when they were little, and Daisy got right in the bed with her!
The two played and played in the bed.

At one point, Lola started licking Daisy like she was a tiny puppy again. That's why I really believe Lola knew who she was!

Then they kept playing.



And Sampson said "I'm getting the heck out of here!" Daisy tried to lure him back in, but her charm didn't work on him.

The three of them did get pretty close together a few times out in the yard, and I tried to get a "family" portrait.


Little Miss Daisy Jean played until she was totally pooped!

And she slept like a baby all the way home!!
One of the things I noticed was that Daisy is looking a whole lot like her daddy.

Their faces are very similar, right down to the freckles on their noses. Daisy is also getting some brown on the top of her head, which I think will turn out to be similar to the brown on top of Sampson's head.
And see the brown spots on Sampson's toes?

Daisy is starting to get brown spots on her toes, too!

We had such a great time in Shelbyville. (BTW, Bo went too, but was just about as happy as Sampson about the whole thing!)
Thanks so much to Mrs. Hill for inviting us over! I know Daisy was happy to see her and Mr. Hill, too, and it was fun for me to get to finally meet Mrs. Hill in person.
We can't wait to come visit again when Daisy gets bigger!!!
P.S. This is the first time I've posted since Daisy's last vet visit on May 15. She weighed in at a whopping 22.7 pounds at the vet that day! She's certainly getting big, no doubt about it. We go back for her permanent shots on June 5. I can't wait to see how much bigger she's gotten by then! I believe she'll be bigger than Lola and Sampson when she's fully grown!
1 comment:
Cute!
Post a Comment