Thursday, April 10, 2008

Little Miss Daisy Jean

Daisy had lots of fun on today's afternoon walk - so much fun, in fact, that she was out like a light as soon as we got back home! Here she is curled up in her favorite spot in the kitchen. I put a towel down in this spot just for her because it is where she often sleeps. I think it's because when I'm on the computer, she can see me from here. (Note my sock behind her, which she placed there all by her little self.)


(Check out the size of the paw!)

The past few days have been awesome. Daisy is over her "I'm not with my doggie mommy" whining and is now having a blast with Big Brother Bo. Bo has such patience - he plays gently with her and doesn't mind when she has a solid grip on his tail with her little teeth (fortunately Bo's tail is very furry!) Last night he was dragging her around while she was hanging on to his tail. This morning she had his tail and when she let go, she had a mouth full of white fur. She growls and barks at Bo, and he howls back at her. The two of them have become best buddies. I couldn't be happier about how well they are playing together!

Daisy has been pretty good about sleeping in her crate, but she's learning every day that there are many other places for a little girl to sleep, too (as seen above). She's been learning to stay in her crate while I'm gone a little bit at a time. But when I'm home, it's a different story.

Last night, around 9 p.m., I heard her in my bedroom crying. When I went in to see what was wrong with her, I cracked up. There she was, sitting beside my big bed, looking up at the bed and whining and doing the little howl/bark that she does. I picked her up and put her in my bed, and she immediately fell asleep. She certainly is a fast learner! She's sleeping really well at night, going to sleep at around 9 or 9:30 and sleeping until 4 or so in the morning.

This afternoon I registered Daisy with the American Kennel Club (I love that you can now register online!) Her official name is Jodi's Little Miss Daisy Jean. The two bassets I had before, Jake and Pebbles, had "Jodi's Little" as the first part of their registered names, so I thought I'd carry on that tradition. Daisy's doggy mommy's registered name is Lola Jean Hill, so I thought I'd give her Jean as a middle name to honor her beautiful and sweet doggy mommy.

(In case you're wondering, Bo doesn't have an official registered name...he chewed his litter registration paper and swallowed half of it before I got it sent in, and I learned that backtracking to get a duplicate is a very difficult process if a dog has been passed through a couple of owners like poor little Bo had. So he isn't official, but still perfect. Besides, I don't breed my pets anyway, so it's not a big deal - although with his long hair I would have loved to see his pedigree! Had I registered him, he was going to be Jodi's Little Mr. Bojangles.)

As soon as I figure out how to scan on my new printer, I'll be posting Bo's Easter picture from the "For The Love of Dogs Bakery" Easter Egg Hunt!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AN UPDATE! YES! I was about to give up on BOTH of your blogs! :) Just kidding ... But, seriously, glad to see a new post. Now I'm off to read the post above this!