
As promised, this is Bo's Easter picture from the Easter Egg Hunt at For The Love of Dogs Bakery. It truly was awesome. I bet there were 150 dogs (photos of the event are here on the store's Web site - check out the Great Dane with pink polka dots.) They hid plastic eggs filled with treats all around their store and the three adjoining businesses. Bo was WAY too busy making friends with other dogs to find eggs, so we just hung out.
Then Mark Kidd, an incredible photographer whose store is a few businesses down from the bakery, took pet photos. One of the things that makes Mark such a great photographer, I learned, is his patience. I was concerned about Bo actually being still for the photo, and I was right. Mark had a lady helping him get dogs situated. Some dogs, like the Dane with pink polka dots, were simple. He just sat there until they told him to move. But not Bo. Bo did sit down once, but as soon as the lady patted him on the back and said "good dog," he did just what he always does when someone pats him and says "good dog" - he flipped over on his back so she could rub his belly. That led to everyone standing around saying a collective "awwwwww," which led to Bo wanting his belly rubbed even more. FINALLY, she was able to get him to stand still long enough to get this picture. And I absolutely LOVE it!
Even with the new puppy, Bo knows he's still my baby. :-)
1 comment:
You sound like such a proud mama! :)
Post a Comment